Meet Willow, the Reconnect woman we’re calling “the food doula” for changing the way we think about food before, during, and after pregnancy. She’s the co-founder of C&J nutrition, including a nutrition program for moms-to-be and author of the Healthy, Happy Pregnancy Cookbook.
13 Questions we asked Willow
01. Three words to describe yourself? Work in progress.
02. What are you most proud of? The willingness to take risks I developed by building my own business. And the confidence that went along with it that I didn't even recognize at the time.
03. When do you feel most like Willow? In nature, back home in New Mexico.
04. What is your mantra? Be here now.
05. What makes you feel sexy? Pregnancy!
06. Why does pregnancy make you feel sexy? I can relinquish control for the first time. I can be at peace and trust that my body is going to guide the pregnancy.
07. How do you live maternity #myway? I approach my pregnancy positively. I'm not unrealistic. There are complications and discomforts, but I make a daily effort to focus on feeling good.
08. How do you defy convention? By telling myself and encouraging other women to tell themselves “I deserve to feel good.” No restriction, dieting, or body shaming allowed!
09. What is your superpower? No matter what’s happening I can always zen out and sleep.. even on public transportation!
10. And a power that came with pregnancy? Slowing down and not apologizing for it.
11. How would you describe your work? I’m a dietician. I translate science into practical nutrition advice to empower food- and self-love. My approach towards nutrition is one of adding and enjoyment, not restricting.
12. Biggest foody pleasure? A piece of really dense chocolate cake slathered in fudge-y frosting.
13. How do you reconnect with yourself? Daily walks in Central Park to simply breath and think.